Rating: 4/5 - Votes: 4 - Views: 36237
Vegetable Pakora is a simple, fast yet delicious dish. These battered and deep fried vegetable bits are great served by themselves as a snack or as an appetizer or side dish.
Total servings: 2-6
Pre-Prep time: 15-20 min
Preperation time: 30 min
Best for: All
How to serve: Hot
1 cup Baisan
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup water
1-2 green chilies, chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1 potato, sliced 1/4 thick
1 small cauliflower, broken into very small florets
1 cup spinach leaves, torn
1 1/2 cups onions, halved and sliced
1. Boil the potato slices until *just* tender, being careful not to overcook.
2. Mix batter ingredients well. Beat in a blender for 4-5 minutes to incorporate air (this will make the batter fluffier). Let batter rest 1/2 hour in a warm place.
3. Add the vegetables and mix in evenly.
4. Deep fry in oil until golden brown.
Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
5. Serve hot with our cilantro or mint chutney or cucumber raita.